Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Eheka Pytyvõha

Emboyke pytyvõha apovai. Ndorojeruremo’ãi ehenói térã eñe’ẽmondóvo pumbyrýpe ha emoherakuãvo marandu nemba’etéva. Emombe’u tembiapo imarãkuaáva ko “Marandu iñañáva” rupive.

Kuaave
Ñongatupyre

Why is Firefox taking up a lot of CPU and running very slowly?

AvalonBright

For the past week my Firefox (and also Chrome) have been running very slowly. Any time a page loads the CPU column in Task Manager shoots up to between 10-20 when it's usually at 00, and it sends my cpu fans into overdrive until the page is loading.

Pictures load very slowly, and busy pages are even worse, such as Weather channel pages or Gawker blog articles. I've run MSE, Malwarebytes, I've run Firefox in safe mode, nothing is working. I'm really beginning to get frustrated because it's making any kind of browsing at all very unenjoyable.

For the past week my Firefox (and also Chrome) have been running very slowly. Any time a page loads the CPU column in Task Manager shoots up to between 10-20 when it's usually at 00, and it sends my cpu fans into overdrive until the page is loading. Pictures load very slowly, and busy pages are even worse, such as Weather channel pages or Gawker blog articles. I've run MSE, Malwarebytes, I've run Firefox in safe mode, nothing is working. I'm really beginning to get frustrated because it's making any kind of browsing at all very unenjoyable.

Opaite Mbohovái (1)

Safe Mode didn't make any difference?

Run all Windows Updates, install all needed service packs, etc.

Update your graphics driver (Firefox uses your graphics card for some rendering, and an out of date graphics card driver can cause problems. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-upgrade-my-graphics-drivers.

Update all your plugins (Flash, Java, etc.): http://www.mozilla.org/plugincheck/.