Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Linux: Starting Thunderbird via Script in User Account via crontab -e

mr.armh

Everything I've tried in a script from crontab -e:

xdg-open /home/ipc/Desktop/thunderbird.desktop /usr/bin/thunderbird -mail & xfce4-terminal --execute thunderbird --title=TBird --minimize

None of them work via script, but manually they all work in the terminal when typed in manually.

Really need to get this to run, because I'm using Thunderbird's filtering for email to move messages around into folders, so when I use my phone, tablet, laptop, the emails are in specific folders. But I want it to stop at 1am and restart at 7am, because I want the computer it is running on to do something between 1am and 7am that is CPU intensive.

Everything I've tried in a script from crontab -e: xdg-open /home/ipc/Desktop/thunderbird.desktop /usr/bin/thunderbird -mail & xfce4-terminal --execute thunderbird --title=TBird --minimize None of them work via script, but manually they all work in the terminal when typed in manually. Really need to get this to run, because I'm using Thunderbird's filtering for email to move messages around into folders, so when I use my phone, tablet, laptop, the emails are in specific folders. But I want it to stop at 1am and restart at 7am, because I want the computer it is running on to do something between 1am and 7am that is CPU intensive.

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.