Cuireadh an snáithe seo sa chartlann. Cuir ceist nua má tá cabhair uait.
Getting rid of Bing.
Bing has suddenly hijacked my browser. i did not install it. I did not request it. I've tried to get rid of it and nothing works.
All Replies (1)
Hi, where does Bing appear? For example:
(1) When you start typing random text in the address bar, the drop-down shows that Firefox will send your search to Bing.
This usually indicates that Bing is set as your default search engine. To change that, see: Change your default search settings in Firefox.
(2) When you open a new window (for example, Ctrl+N), instead of loading the built-in Firefox Home page, Bing loads.
This usually indicates a custom URL was set for the home page. To change that, see: How to set the home page.
(3) When you open a new tab (for example, Ctrl+T), instead of loading the built-in Firefox Home page, Bing loads.
This is hard to change without an add-on, but I don't recognize any suspicious add-ons on your list. Let us know if you need to investigate this further.
(4) Microsoft Edge (which uses the Bing search engine) has taken over as your default browser in Windows instead of Firefox.
- How to change your default browser to Firefox on Windows
- Setting Firefox as the default browser does not work - What to do
(5) Something else!
Please describe where Bing has injected itself. Thanks.