Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sykje yn Support

Mij stipescams. Wy sille jo nea freegje in telefoannûmer te beljen, der in sms nei ta te stjoeren of persoanlike gegevens te dielen. Meld fertochte aktiviteit mei de opsje ‘Misbrûk melde’.

Mear ynfo
Dizze konversaasje is argivearre. Stel in nije fraach as jo help nedich hawwe.
Oplost Argivearre

Stop Files From Automatically Saved to Backup Folder

wingrider6

If I download a .PDF file (or anything else) Firefox asks where I want to save the file and I can change the name of the file. The file is then downloaded to my selected folder on my PC. BUT a copy of the file, with original name, is also stored in my C: downloads folder. How can I stop that? I know how I can change the default folder but I do not want any default download folder, I want to be asked "Where?", "Name?" and the ONLY copy of download goes to that location.

If I download a .PDF file (or anything else) Firefox asks where I want to save the file and I can change the name of the file. The file is then downloaded to my selected folder on my PC. BUT a copy of the file, with original name, is also stored in my C: downloads folder. How can I stop that? I know how I can change the default folder but I do not want any default download folder, I want to be asked "Where?", "Name?" and the ONLY copy of download goes to that location.

Alle antwurden (2)

Keazen oplossing

You can set browser.download.start_downloads_in_tmp_dir => true on the about:config page to make Firefox use the OS temp folder for downloads you open in an external application.

You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. On the warning page, you can click "Accept the Risk and Continue" to open about:config.

This seems to take care of the problem. Rarely check Downloads folder but when do it's always full of "junk." Thanks.