Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sykje yn Support

Mij stipescams. Wy sille jo nea freegje in telefoannûmer te beljen, der in sms nei ta te stjoeren of persoanlike gegevens te dielen. Meld fertochte aktiviteit mei de opsje ‘Misbrûk melde’.

Mear ynfo
Dizze konversaasje is argivearre. Stel in nije fraach as jo help nedich hawwe.
Oplost Argivearre

I cannot download the latest language specific Mozilla software versions using Windows XP but I can using Windows 7

hake

For example I am only able download Firefox 43.0.1 GB to Windows XP (SP3) but using Windows 7 gives me access to Firefox 46.0.1 GB. The same type of problem applies to Firefox ESR and Thunderbird.

Page https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/ gives access to Firefox 43.0.1 GB to Windows XP (SP3) but it gives access to Firefox 46.0.1 GB to Windows 7.

Since Windows XP SP3 can run Firefox 46.0.1 GB, why can't I download that version to Windows XP? As I said, the same problem applies to Thunderbird and Firefox ESR.

I am mystified.

For example I am only able download Firefox 43.0.1 GB to Windows XP (SP3) but using Windows 7 gives me access to Firefox 46.0.1 GB. The same type of problem applies to Firefox ESR and Thunderbird. Page https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/ gives access to Firefox 43.0.1 GB to Windows XP (SP3) but it gives access to Firefox 46.0.1 GB to Windows 7. Since Windows XP SP3 can run Firefox 46.0.1 GB, why can't I download that version to Windows XP? As I said, the same problem applies to Thunderbird and Firefox ESR. I am mystified.

Alle antwurden (3)

Keazen oplossing

hake said

Since Windows XP SP3 can run Firefox 46.0.1 GB, why can't I download that version to Windows XP? As I said, the same problem applies to Thunderbird and Firefox ESR. I am mystified.

This is because it is not possible to tell if the WinXP user has SP2 or SP3. Installed when using the default browser useragents.

I imagine if it was possible to tell for certain, Mozilla would have set it up so SP3 users would get current version setup and SP2 users would get 43.0.1 to then update to current from.

SP2 users cannot run the setups that was signed due to Microsoft requirements.

Thank you for your trouble in making me aware of the reasons for the problem.