Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sykje yn Support

Mij stipescams. Wy sille jo nea freegje in telefoannûmer te beljen, der in sms nei ta te stjoeren of persoanlike gegevens te dielen. Meld fertochte aktiviteit mei de opsje ‘Misbrûk melde’.

Mear ynfo
Dizze konversaasje is argivearre. Stel in nije fraach as jo help nedich hawwe.
Argivearre

How to disable Mozilla pdf viewers and go back to Adobe X assocoation only

dahnkster

I went into options>applications and tried to reset Adobe X as my default pdf viwer. When I open pdf files they show the Adobe logo. But all files STILL associated with Firefox and all with Firefox icon. I tried to disable the Adobe X plug-in in add-ons, that did not work either. I went into my Windows>open with>choose program and checked box to always open pdf with Adobe X. Still won't allow. Thank you

I went into options>applications and tried to reset Adobe X as my default pdf viwer. When I open pdf files they show the Adobe logo. But all files STILL associated with Firefox and all with Firefox icon. I tried to disable the Adobe X plug-in in add-ons, that did not work either. I went into my Windows>open with>choose program and checked box to always open pdf with Adobe X. Still won't allow. Thank you

Alle antwurden (12)

Sounds that you experience of this bug that has landed in Firefox 31.

  • bug 452254 - Register for audio/video .ogg and .pdf file handlers if nothing else has

Please do not comment in bug reports
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=etiquette.html

Could you try the "Open With" solution in this thread: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1012877

Tried that and made changes in my settings. Even told Windows to 'Always use Adobe program' still opening with Mozilla Firefox.

Yes! It definitely happened during a Mozilla update in the past few weeks. Didn't notice it until all my Adobe pdf icons had disappeared.

I did BOTH of these things without success. When I open a pdf file, it shows the adobe icon in the document, but application is STILL being managed by Mozilla. I appreciate everyone's suggestions. I love my Mozilla community.

Did you try to right-click a PDF file in Windows Explorer and opened the "Open with" dialog? You should be able to set another application like the Adobe Reader to handle .pdf files.

I did do that, but for whatever reason it does not stop these files from being associated with Mozilla. I am completely buggered. I have read EVERY associated article in support forums, but none seems to solve this issue.

Even stranger is that My Computer.Tools >Folder Options>View tells me all the files are associated with Adobe, yet EVERY single pdf file on this computer STILL has a Mozilla Firefox icon. ???

You will have to change the icon as well.

  • Control Panel (or Windows Explorer: Tools) > Folder Options > File Types

Hi dahnkster, were you able to change the icon through the File Types dialog? Another user suggested a registry edit, which obviously has a little more risk. Check the last several entries in the earlier thread, starting here: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1013642#answer-614450

[DUPLICATE]

Bewurke troch jscher2000 - Support Volunteer op