Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Résolu Archivé

How do i remove Quick Search Bar 4.5 add on

bkl64ski

I was trying to add different search engine than ask because I had to reset my computer to an earlier restore point and found this add on through your search tools page. now I want to remove it but I can't find it in programs and features.

I was trying to add different search engine than ask because I had to reset my computer to an earlier restore point and found this add on through your search tools page. now I want to remove it but I can't find it in programs and features.
Lire cette réponse dans son contexte

Solution choisie

does it work when you choose manage search engines... in the dropdown-menu and click on restore defaults in the dialog that opens?

if this doesn't work, a reinstall of firefox could maybe also address the issue - just go to getfirefox.com, download the latest version of the browser & install it on top of your current installation.

Toutes les réponses (4)

hello bkl64ski, this article explains how you can remove extensions you no longer use: Disable or remove Add-ons

also have a look at Search bar - add, change and manage search engines on Firefox...

The Disable or remove Add-ons article was the answer that took care of the problem and solved my issue. the Search bar - Easily choose your favorite search engine... article was no help because when I hit the down arrow only has Ask as a search provider NO other providers.

Solution choisie

does it work when you choose manage search engines... in the dropdown-menu and click on restore defaults in the dialog that opens?

if this doesn't work, a reinstall of firefox could maybe also address the issue - just go to getfirefox.com, download the latest version of the browser & install it on top of your current installation.

Philipp,

Thank you for the help. I had to restart firefox to get the options of all the search engines back. I will remember how I did this for me or someone else.

Thank again

Brian