Attach File no longer Works as of 10/05 W11
You Know!!! This is not uncommon. This is the first time for me. I've removed the Open as Admin... Off & On. Total BS that this isn't a top issue when I come here. Lousy support. I need to go elsewhere.
Toutes les réponses (2)
If you look, you will find many reports of this issue. I don't know why you aren't seeing them
This is a recently discovered bug - the symptom is that if you previously attached a file, but the previous folder no longer exists because it was deleted or renamed, when you later try to attach a file using the Write window's "Attach" button, it will silently fail. That is, clicking the button will appear to do nothing. The bug should be fixed in the next release.
In the meantime, a workaround is to drag-and-drop the file onto the Write window.
Or, if you don't mind changing Thunderbird's Advanced Settings:
- In the settings > general > Config Editor, search for: "mail.compose.attach.dir".
- The value (path) here must be changed to one that is still available (for example C:).
- Close and exit Thunderbird, then restart it (this step might not be necessary.)
Lin, Give me a break! There's actually a lot on this subject! It Is Not Recent for most posts. It is for me so I started by limiting my search to 2026 and the most common cure was removing the ADMIN permission on the App. I mention that in my post.
I appreciate the quick response but a real Support site would have posted that resolution. I'll assume you're right about the next update and just hold on. I assume links still work... I can always link to my Google Drive for download.
You get what you pay for I suppose. I do donate. It's generally worth it. I'll send another $25.
RCL