Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Ouvert

Thunderbird backup & restore

Richard & Betsey

I recently lost all of my saved emails and the folders they are in on my laptop computer. They are fine on my desktop computer. I have tried everything to restore them to my laptop computer. (backup option, export profiles, etc) But when I try to restore them to my laptop nothing works and they are not restored to it. I have tried every option that I used to save them but they will not restore. P.S I have tried every option on Google searches with no luck. I am running Windows 11. As a side note I never had a single problem when I was using Windows 10 and Moz Backup still worked. Help Richard Clauser [redacted from public] @gmail.com

I recently lost all of my saved emails and the folders they are in on my laptop computer. They are fine on my desktop computer. I have tried everything to restore them to my laptop computer. (backup option, export profiles, etc) But when I try to restore them to my laptop nothing works and they are not restored to it. I have tried every option that I used to save them but they will not restore. P.S I have tried every option on Google searches with no luck. I am running Windows 11. As a side note I never had a single problem when I was using Windows 10 and Moz Backup still worked. Help Richard Clauser [redacted from public] @gmail.com

Modifié le par James

Toutes les réponses (5)

These steps work:

BACKUP

  1. ensure thunderbird is not running
  2. enter %appdata% in search window on task bar and press Enter key
  3. this should open windows file explorer in Appdata\roaming folder
  4. highlight the Thunderbird folder and copy to external media

RESTORE

  1. ensure thunderbird is installed, run once, and NOT running
  2. enter %appdata% in search window on task bar and press Enter key
  3. delete the thunderbird folder
  4. you should be in Appdata\roaming folder , copy&paste the exported Thunderbird folder there.
  5. start thunderbird and all should be there

Follow the steps carefully.

Mozbackup is not supported and there have been problems.

Thanks so much for the help. It worked perfectly. My only wish from the "Tooth Fairy" would be to have a current windows 11 or latest apple version of Moz backup. It sure was easier to use. Again thanks so much for the help. Richard Clauser

MozBackup still runs on Windows 11 and appears to make a valid backup. I'm not in a position to see how well it restores that backup.

https://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/development.php

Yes, that's the issue. To know if a third-party tool works, you have to test it to restore. Prior releases of Mozbackup failed. I have heard the current one works.

david said

Yes, that's the issue. To know if a third-party tool works, you have to test it to restore. Prior releases of Mozbackup failed. I have heard the current one works.

For what it's worth, I did a test using the latest Mozbackup 1.6 beta 2, Thunderbird 115.18.0 on Windows 8.1, and I did a successful backup and restore. But you're right, it's a beta and probably not ready to be relied upon.

The ImportExportTools NG add-on also has a Backup Profiles feature that seems to work, and it's under active development.

I trust my own manual backup method (and yours) the most.

Poser une question

Vous devez vous identifier avec votre compte pour répondre aux messages. Veuillez poser une nouvelle question, si vous n’avez pas encore de compte.