Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Résolu

How do I remove "add sitename"* from Search bar drop-down menu?

NetCentric

How do I remove "add sitename"* from Search bar drop-down menu?

  • sitename refers to whatever site you are on at the time

I have no use for this option and find it overly invasive. I have searched everywhere for solutions and have not found any that work. If it is not currently "removable", please make it so.

Thanks

How do I remove "add sitename"* from Search bar drop-down menu? *sitename refers to whatever site you are on at the time I have no use for this option and find it overly invasive. I have searched everywhere for solutions and have not found any that work. If it is not currently "removable", please make it so. Thanks
Captures d’écran jointes

Toutes les réponses (2)

It is the way websites offer their functionality to be added as custom search providers, see How to search IMDB, Wikipedia and more from the address bar — I'm not aware of any preference to have them ignored, as it's part of the platform APIs: developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/OpenSearch

I think you might need to ask around for some custom CSS to hide this in the UI.

Solution choisie

Thank you for taking a moment of your time to respond. I had a look at the links you provided and this is a bigger issue than I expected so I'll mark this problem as solved.

Poser une question

Vous devez vous identifier avec votre compte pour répondre aux messages. Veuillez poser une nouvelle question, si vous n’avez pas encore de compte.