Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Archivé

Thunderbird - outgoing email - send failure

vstase1960

I have tried to send emails from my email server mail.peertechnical.net but I receive the following error message:

Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because connecting to Outgoing server (SMTP) mail.peertechnical.net failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your Outgoing server (SMTP) settings are correct and try again.

I have used incoming server port 110 and outgoing port 25 (same as my outlook setup).

I receive incoming emails all right.

Regards,

Vijay Tase

I have tried to send emails from my email server mail.peertechnical.net but I receive the following error message: Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because connecting to Outgoing server (SMTP) mail.peertechnical.net failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your Outgoing server (SMTP) settings are correct and try again. I have used incoming server port 110 and outgoing port 25 (same as my outlook setup). I receive incoming emails all right. Regards, Vijay Tase

Toutes les réponses (1)

Hi - try the suggesting in the article "cannot-send-messages" on support.mozilla.org. As you are the system administrator of the mail server, this may be a question about how to set up SMTP at the server end, or to do with server software updates rather than the client end. Please give more details.