Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Archivé

Can't use Google Authenticator (Android) for Firefox Account's 2FA

Rafal

Hi,

As in the topic. When I scan the QR code with Google Authenticator, the account is added and new codes start spinning (labeled Firefox ($email)). However, when I enter the visible code into the Enter security code input, I get "Incorrect security code" error (tooltip).

I can see Google Authenticator listed as a supported application, is this no longer valid?

I also tried typing the secret key into the app directly with the same results.

Thanks for help in advance.

Hi, As in the topic. When I scan the QR code with Google Authenticator, the account is added and new codes start spinning (labeled ''Firefox ($email)''). However, when I enter the visible code into the ''Enter security code'' input, I get "Incorrect security code" error (tooltip). I can see Google Authenticator listed as a supported application, is this no longer valid? I also tried typing the secret key into the app directly with the same results. Thanks for help in advance.

Toutes les réponses (2)

And for Microsoft's Authenticator for Android too, if anyone can help. 2FA is important for us all - especially when it's not SMS (long cracked). Microsoft Launcher, BTW, is an excellent interface addition to modern Android. A companion app to their Authenticator

Modifié le par PhredE

Have anybody from Mozilla looked into this issue? I guess not since I checked and none of the Android applications listed in the Secure your Mozilla account with two-step authentication work.

Modifié le par Rafal