Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Archivé

How can I stop Mozilla from trying to install the updater everytime I open it?

drtnjj

I had issues where Firefox eats memory searching for updates. I disabled the Updater, now every time I open Firefox, it tries to reinstall it. so i open Fire fox, the computer asks me if I want to let the Mozilla Updater" make changes to my computer. I say no and then firefox opens. Is there anyway to keep "updater" from trying to install everytime I open firefox?

I had issues where Firefox eats memory searching for updates. I disabled the Updater, now every time I open Firefox, it tries to reinstall it. so i open Fire fox, the computer asks me if I want to let the Mozilla Updater" make changes to my computer. I say no and then firefox opens. Is there anyway to keep "updater" from trying to install everytime I open firefox?

Toutes les réponses (1)

Do you mean the updating service that Firefox installs and that Windows runs in the background? You can turn that on and off with a checkbox in the Options dialog. See this article: Advanced panel - Accessibility, browsing, network, updates, and other advanced settings in Firefox.