Knowledge Base discussions

[In KB - Archive or Update?] Bookmark folders

1. Bookmarks folders

I think we should archive this article and include it's info in a re-written version of Sort your bookmarks to quickly find the ones you want (discussion) (Discussion)

[[Bookmarks folders]] I think we should archive this article and include it's info in a re-written version of [[Sorting bookmarks]] <del>([https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forums/knowledge-base-articles/706404 discussion])</del> ([/forums/knowledge-base-articles/706409 Discussion])

Modified by AliceWyman on

2. Here is what I wrote in another thread:

/forums/knowledge-base-articles/706456 [In KB - Archive or Update?] Deleting bookmarks

I would say update, since it's linked from the main Bookmarks in Firefox article (now named Bookmarks in Firefox) in the "How can I organize my bookmarks?" section, which simply says:

How can I organize my bookmarks?

These articles will help you make sense of that giant list of bookmarks:

If you want to reduce the total number of KB articles, another option is to merge Sort your bookmarks to quickly find the ones you want and Deleting bookmarks (and maybe Use bookmark folders to organize your bookmarks?) back into the main Bookmarks in Firefox article, so that they redirect there, just like the old Organizing bookmarks article now redirects there. If that makes the article too big, You could merge the three articles into a new "Organizing bookmarks" article.

For the record, here's the discussion that resulted in splitting up the original "Organizing bookmarks" article into individual bookmark "task" articles:

/forums/contributors/396465 Re-organizing Bookmarks documentation

Here is what I wrote in another thread:<br> [/forums/knowledge-base-articles/706456] [In KB - Archive or Update?] Deleting bookmarks I would say update, since it's linked from the main [[Bookmarks]] article (now named [[How do I use bookmarks?]]) in the "How can I organize my bookmarks?" section, which simply says: ---- '''How can I organize my bookmarks?''' These articles will help you make sense of that giant list of bookmarks: *[[Sorting bookmarks]] *[[Bookmark folders]] *[[Deleting Bookmarks ]] ----- If you want to reduce the total number of KB articles, another option is to merge [[Sorting bookmarks]] and [[Deleting bookmarks]] (and maybe [[Bookmark folders]]?) back into the main [[How do I use bookmarks?]] article, so that they redirect there, just like the old [[Organizing bookmarks]] article now redirects there. If that makes the article too big, You could merge the three articles into a new "Organizing bookmarks" article. For the record, here's the discussion that resulted in splitting up the original "Organizing bookmarks" article into individual bookmark "task" articles: [/forums/contributors/396465] Re-organizing Bookmarks documentation
  3. I see that discussion about whether merge the above three articles into a new "Organizing bookmarks" article or to keep them separate is in the Sorting bookmarks article thread, /forums/knowledge-base-articles/706409

I see that discussion about whether merge the above three articles into a new "Organizing bookmarks" article or to keep them separate is in the Sorting bookmarks article thread, [/forums/knowledge-base-articles/706409]