Showing questions for topic:

Synchronization issue

Hello, I am contacting you because I have a colleague who lost all her bookmarks when migrating her Mac computer. She was syncing with her Professional account. When sh… (read more)

Hello,

I am contacting you because I have a colleague who lost all her bookmarks when migrating her Mac computer. She was syncing with her Professional account. When she migrated and used her account to recover her bookmarks, no data came back. Her laptop was wiped and then reinstalled, so it is not possible to recover any data from it.

Would it be possible for you to find his bookmarks?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Frederic Migaud

Archived 1 180

With the recent Mlza update (which changed their logo) did anyone else lose all their bookmarks & passwords?

My pc just did the latest update, the one with the new Logo. It wiped out all my bookmarks and passwords. I can reset the passwords, but I have hundreds of hours of resea… (read more)

My pc just did the latest update, the one with the new Logo. It wiped out all my bookmarks and passwords. I can reset the passwords, but I have hundreds of hours of research which was all bookmarked. I have changed laptops four times and each time I did, I would just sign into my Mozilla account and it was all downloaded into my new one.

Did anyone else experience this and were you successful in retrieving this data? Do you have any tips? This was important information on a health condition and I don't know if I can find all of this again.

Please, please help. I tried doing what I found in your forums but nothing helped. Could it be that the information was wiped out by your servers and it's permanently gone? I really need help. Thank you.

Solved Archived 1 120

Loss of all open tabs after first sign-in to existing account on new pc on Linux

I am trying to find a way to restore the previous tabs that I had open. All the standard restore procedures out of the History button or elsewhere are not working due to … (read more)

I am trying to find a way to restore the previous tabs that I had open. All the standard restore procedures out of the History button or elsewhere are not working due to the account change. Here's the background and scenario: Original account created 1 month ago on old Linux PC New PC purchased and Ubuntu Linux 24.04 installed Firefox installed and configured, bookmarks imported from .html file. No sync account was ever signed in to. Open a crapload of tabs that I wanted/needed to interact with (yes, I need a better task management system) Finally decide to log into sync account, successful sign-in Close browser for PC restart. Upon restart, all configurations from 1 month ago on old Linux PC are present, and no previously-opened tabs come back. Restore session/restore tabs/restore browser all are greyed out, no data to access in history anywhere. Signed out of account, closed browser window and restarted. Still displaying config from old sync account even when not logged in (different theme, toolbar settings)

I am unable to locate any files in the pathway Home/snap/firefox/common/.mozilla/firefox that clearly indicate multiple profiles; there is only one distinct profile folder present. I haven't cleared cache or anything, trying to not touch it more. Is it possible to restore or even see the URLs of those tabs from my session prior to logging in to my sync profile?

Solved Archived 1 240

Recovering stored passwords

My old laptop computer completely died. I installed Firefox on my new computer. However, after signing back into Firefox, my stored passwords and tabs were not available.… (read more)

My old laptop computer completely died. I installed Firefox on my new computer. However, after signing back into Firefox, my stored passwords and tabs were not available. How do I find/recover saved login passwords and tabs? I am a long-time Firefox user and had a lot of stored information that I assumed would follow my account.

Thank You,

Dave Barber dd.barber@gmail.com

Archived 1 199

ccleaner delete my bookmarks and i don't know how to recover it

I was using my account for sync my bookmarks, but i hope that was saved in my phone. After check CCleaner deleted all from my laptop, i realize that was also deleted from… (read more)

I was using my account for sync my bookmarks, but i hope that was saved in my phone. After check CCleaner deleted all from my laptop, i realize that was also deleted from my mobile. ¿How i can recover all my bookmarks that was sync in my account?

Archived 9 350

Lost Windows and Bookmarks after upgrade of Firefox

I tried updating Firefox and it failed me. At the end of the day of work I did an automatic update. I shutdown my computer and the next day Firefox worked intermittentl… (read more)

I tried updating Firefox and it failed me. At the end of the day of work I did an automatic update. I shutdown my computer and the next day Firefox worked intermittently as in it would load pages and some it wouldn't load. I thought it was my internet connection and verified in another browser. The internet connection was okay, it was a Firefox issue. Then I notice the Firefox icon was a generic icon. I'm now lost all my bookmarks, which I thought I had in Firefox sync and open windows / tabs. This is a bit frustration that Firefox failed like this and caused me to lose data.

Archived 1 70

I lost every bookmark and configuration

I have lost my profile in firefox, i have an account sync but after restarting my pc i lost everything and seems the profile is not existing and when i re log with my acc… (read more)

I have lost my profile in firefox, i have an account sync but after restarting my pc i lost everything and seems the profile is not existing and when i re log with my account i did not recover anything.

Please help me it is a big problem.

Thank you

Archived 1 300

Data Restoration

Hello, I recently used the option to sign out while also checking the box to delete data from the device. I was under the impression that once I had the new computer I co… (read more)

Hello, I recently used the option to sign out while also checking the box to delete data from the device. I was under the impression that once I had the new computer I could just sign into my account and my synced data would be there. This is not the case, because I can't even get my bookmarks and what not back on the device that I originally signed out of. I'm pretty sure I am on the right account so why is everything gone even though it said that synced data will not be deleted? Am I cooked? Losing all my keys and bookmarks is going to suck so if anyone could help me, that would be much appreciated.

Archived 2 290

I'm lost trying to get my bookmarks transferred to my new PC. I thought I had synced, but am lost.

Not sure how to proceed to get my bookmarks moved from my old laptop to my new one. I'm a mainframe guy and often get lost with these PCs. :-) Thanks... Jim … (read more)

Not sure how to proceed to get my bookmarks moved from my old laptop to my new one. I'm a mainframe guy and often get lost with these PCs. :-)

Thanks...

Jim

Solved Archived 3 179

passwords

I lost ALL of my passwords, saved favorites and am so pissed with my inability to retrieve them. I occurred when I was in the sync settings while personalizing firefox. … (read more)

I lost ALL of my passwords, saved favorites and am so pissed with my inability to retrieve them. I occurred when I was in the sync settings while personalizing firefox. What gives?

Archived 1 259

My Bookmarks

My computer unexpectedly had to do a factory reset. I had to add Firefox back on to my computer. It was my main default browser. I couldn't remember my password because I… (read more)

My computer unexpectedly had to do a factory reset. I had to add Firefox back on to my computer. It was my main default browser. I couldn't remember my password because I had Firefox for so many years. Your system forced me to change my password and now I cannot gain access to my bookmarks/passwords when I sign on. If you tell me that those were lost in the transition, I will be so upset. This was the only reason I was using you and do not understand why syncing is not working or recovering the information. I hope that this can be recovered, if not I have no use for your browser and will switch to a more updated browser in Chrome. I have never had such problems and cannot even remember all the bookmarks I have lost. I will never forget this experience. My hope is it will be because someone there was able to save the day and not because I realized that your company is outdated and clunky like Microsoft. Hoping you can help and completely upset. I am also very confused why my information would not have backed up automatically.

Mike

Archived 1 210

i lost all my data ,i deleted the document file in drivec and the app data by mistake, but im shur the syn was on

i deleted the document file in drive c and the app data by mistake, Im sure the syn was on for more than i can remember and even a few days ago i did the syn again, afte… (read more)

i deleted the document file in drive c and the app data by mistake, Im sure the syn was on for more than i can remember and even a few days ago i did the syn again, after the reboot i signed in and did the syn ,there was nothing at all please help me

Solved Archived 1 160

Account is gone because I changed my password

Hey I changed my password before reinstalling the Windows but when I reinstall Firefox and logged in, all of my information was gone since Firefox doesn't back up after p… (read more)

Hey I changed my password before reinstalling the Windows but when I reinstall Firefox and logged in, all of my information was gone since Firefox doesn't back up after password change so I uninstalled Firefox since then because it was useless to me. I was looking through my files and I find that I still have the previous recovery code before changing password, can it be used to recover my passwords and bookmarks?!

Archived 5 140

All my bookmarks disappeared

So I reformatted my hard drive and everytime I finish I reinstall Firefox. I have an account where I log in and it put me back where I left off with all my past bookmarks… (read more)

So I reformatted my hard drive and everytime I finish I reinstall Firefox. I have an account where I log in and it put me back where I left off with all my past bookmarks that I saved. Ive been doing this for 10 years but today not sure whats going on but when I logged if all my stuff has disappeared. Please help or contact Mozilla regarding this. I cant understand why one cant directly speak to the ones who developed this browser. Quite frustrating

AL

Archived 2 180

Lost History After OS Upgrade

I believe I had all this synced in Firefox Settings before I made the upgrade. Like all you fellow former users of Windows 10, I had to upgrade to Windows 11; and did so… (read more)

I believe I had all this synced in Firefox Settings before I made the upgrade. Like all you fellow former users of Windows 10, I had to upgrade to Windows 11; and did so two days ago. Now, I found that I do not have under History any of the former sites I not only visited but also had tabs open. What can I do, if anything, to recover them? Under the Add-ons Manager, if this helps, I already had the app Tab Session Manager, but don't know how to use it. Thanks to all in advance who may have made this same upgrade. Many out there are still on Windows 10.

Archived 3 200

Unable to sync from old computer

I got a new computer. The old computer is inaccessible. When I downloaded Firefox on the new computer, I could not remember my password and had to reset it. Now all of… (read more)

I got a new computer. The old computer is inaccessible. When I downloaded Firefox on the new computer, I could not remember my password and had to reset it. Now all of my synced data is lost. Is there ANY way I can get this information back? I absolutely need the bookmarks on my account to be able to pay bills, and i had no idea changing my password would cause the synced to be lost.

Archived 2 290

Firefox desktop

I have a rather strange problem and I'm not sure this is the right topic. I generally use my computer on and off all day and I never lock it until the evening when I turn… (read more)

I have a rather strange problem and I'm not sure this is the right topic. I generally use my computer on and off all day and I never lock it until the evening when I turn it off. I went out for several hours today and when I came back there was a new version of Firefox installed. When I opened Firefox I realized it was a new version because it would not let me logon until I had completed a profile. My old version never did this. In addition all of my saved passwords had disappeared as well as my bookmarks. I'm using a Dell laptop running Win 11, about 2 years old. I don't understand how this could happen. There was no one here while I was out. I looked to see if there was a saved profile but only the one in use showed up. The current version appears to be 145.0.1. One thing that might have something to do with it. I might have been asked yesterday if I wanted to synch firefox on my computers but I'm not sure how I answered this (I'm almost 90 and my memory is a bit imperfect).

I do have Firefox on a second desktop which is running Win 10. Is it possible to use that profile. That computer has not been turned on since this happebd and is currently asleep. Any help or suggestions will really be appreciated!

Archived 1 120