Does anyone else notice Firefox gets slower after running for a few days?
Mine can be perfectly fine after a fresh restart, then after a few days with a bunch of tabs open it starts getting sluggish.
Closing a bunch of tabs helps, but I’m wondering if there’s something else going on. Curious what other people have experienced.
All Replies (2)
I don't leave my laptop on for days and I close Fx multiple times a day and have it auto clear cache|site data etc.
So sadly not on the same wavelength there.
Have you checked the CPU and Memory via Task Manager before you close Fx?
Depending on the sites you frequent and addons you use to potentially tamper with said sites, their code might be unaware things are interfering with it and they might be leaking memory.
In stock setup and no addons this generally shouldn't be happening — the browser seems to be as happy after a week as it is after a month of running.
You can keep an eye on Task Manager - see whether tabs or extensions are slowing down Firefox to see who's the culprit in there…