in my bookmark toolbar, i have one specific bookmark that has been copied thousands of times, i have no idea how it happened, but i am assuming during a sync something w…
in my bookmark toolbar, i have one specific bookmark that has been copied thousands of times, i have no idea how it happened, but i am assuming during a sync something went wrong. how can i clean this? obviously i am not going to click it one by one
Hi - I'm running Firefox 39 on Windows 7 PC desktop, 64-bit. I already know how to restore bookmarks. I just can't figure out why they keep disappearing! This has be…
Hi - I'm running Firefox 39 on Windows 7 PC desktop, 64-bit.
- I already know how to restore bookmarks. I just can't figure out why they keep disappearing!
- This has been bothering me for weeks. While troubleshooting this, I have backed up the bookmarks I want correctly. I have even exported an HTML bookmarks file as well as a backup JSON bookmarks file - just in case I could be dealing with a corrupted JSON or SQLITE or other mysterious file.
- Yet my bookmarks keep disappearing. I'll have, for example, 100 bookmarks. Then suddenly, in the middle of my work, I'll notice some of my bookmarks in my toolbar gone. When I close my browser and re-open it again to check what's going on with my bookmark backups - I see my old JSON file with 100 bookmarks - and a NEWER file that has, let's say, 55 bookmarks. Poof! Forty-five (45) bookmarks have vanished in a flash! I restored them using the old file to get them back. But the problem of disappearing bookmarks keeps happening, apparently randomly.
- As a last resort - I re-set my browser to create a new profile. But the problem continued. Then, in total frustration, I backed up my password and cookies SQLITE, DB and JSON files - and did a complete UNINSTALL of the browser - AS WELL AS - removing all "Mozilla" entries from the registry.
- From there, I downloaded and did a clean install of Firefox and put the few aforementioned backup data files from my old profile - into the new one. I thought all would be fixed. NOPE!
- I'm wondering if there is something embedded into my browser - either an add on or something in one of the SQLITE files - that is causing this baffling problem. Yes, I can restore my old bookmarks back to their original state. But scores of them continue to disappear in the middle of a session. And when I close that session - the LAST visible bookmarks become part of a new backup JSON file that's generated, but that file purges a lot of my original bookmarks.
- I hope this makes sense. Help! - Slammed and Sleepless in San Diego.
I have 3 folders set up on my bookmark toolbar. Seemingly randomly all my bookmarks will collect in one folder and the other 2 folders will be empty. It seems to select…
I have 3 folders set up on my bookmark toolbar. Seemingly randomly all my bookmarks will collect in one folder and the other 2 folders will be empty. It seems to select a different folder each time it does this. I manually move all the bookmarks back to their correct folder and it will be correct for some time, then it will all be in one folder again. It does this on my desktop and my laptop.