Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Autofill doesn't appear when doing account creation and subsequent login

dominik.proulx

When I create an account on any website, Firefox proposes a strong password and I use the prompt to automatically fill in the "create passwords" fields.

However, Firefox doesn't seem to save that password to be used for subsequent logins. I am not seeing any "save passwords" prompts after creating an account.

Perhaps related: During account creation sometimes a website ask for your home address. Firefox doesn't seem to have an autofill prompt for my address.

I was wondering if the issue was due to my decide (iPhone 14, 26.6.2) so I tried the account creation process on chrome and it worked without problems.

Maybe my Firefox settings are hindering somehow ? I have the strict privacy protections switched on. Reading on the potential limitations it wasn't clear to me that address autofill and password saving was going to be affected.

When I create an account on any website, Firefox proposes a strong password and I use the prompt to automatically fill in the "create passwords" fields. However, Firefox doesn't seem to save that password to be used for subsequent logins. I am not seeing any "save passwords" prompts after creating an account. Perhaps related: During account creation sometimes a website ask for your home address. Firefox doesn't seem to have an autofill prompt for my address. I was wondering if the issue was due to my decide (iPhone 14, 26.6.2) so I tried the account creation process on chrome and it worked without problems. Maybe my Firefox settings are hindering somehow ? I have the strict privacy protections switched on. Reading on the potential limitations it wasn't clear to me that address autofill and password saving was going to be affected.

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.