Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Rohkem teavet
Archived

Can not install a signed addon on version 50.0b2

zhang.lihuan

When I try to install an officially signed add-on by dragging and dropping it into the browser, Firefox prompts that the file is corrupted. However, when I directly copy the file to the browser/extensions directory, the browser disables the add-on as untrusted. How can I properly install a signed extension in Firefox version 50.0b2? I can confirm that the extension works correctly when temporarily loaded (via temporary installation), but it fails to install after being officially signed.

When I try to install an officially signed add-on by dragging and dropping it into the browser, Firefox prompts that the file is corrupted. However, when I directly copy the file to the browser/extensions directory, the browser disables the add-on as untrusted. How can I properly install a signed extension in Firefox version 50.0b2? I can confirm that the extension works correctly when temporarily loaded (via temporary installation), but it fails to install after being officially signed.
Attached screenshots

All Replies (4)

Muudetud TyDraniu poolt

I understand that, but the browsers are on enterprise clients' machines. I can't directly upgrade their browsers, and many of their business-critical functionalities rely on this older Firefox version. If an upgrade causes issues, my boss would kill me. Therefore, I need a way to install the add-on on the legacy Firefox version without upgrading it.

As a developer I totally understand the stress of upgrading things, but we don't have any solution for this case.

Does this extension have an older version, from before year 2020? It could work.

Unfortunately, it doesn't. Maybe I need to make it compatible with versions before 2020, but I don't know if it can still be signed. Haha