Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Rohkem teavet
Archived

Re earlier question...

Carnegie

I have recovered the emails by restoring to an earlier date before the Kasp installation. I am now concerned that as and when I re-reinstall Kasp that the same problem will arise. All the emails are in their folders, inbox has 10 instead of 1500 and everything is compacted. I run Windows 7 Home Premium. Any help and advice much appreciated. Thanks.

I have recovered the emails by restoring to an earlier date before the Kasp installation. I am now concerned that as and when I re-reinstall Kasp that the same problem will arise. All the emails are in their folders, inbox has 10 instead of 1500 and everything is compacted. I run Windows 7 Home Premium. Any help and advice much appreciated. Thanks.

All Replies (1)

This why we discourage the use of anti-virus on your incoming email. All your messages are stored end-to-end in one big file, but Kaspersky doesn't understand this. It sees one thing it doesn't like and quarantines the whole file.

Turn off scanning of email; viruses can't do any harm in your email messages. It's sufficient to scan attachments as they are opened.

I can't say you won't lose your messages again if you re-enable Kaspersky - unless you can identify and delete the offending message.

For the future, if you really want your antivirus to check incoming messages, go to Tools|Options|Security|Anti-virus and tick the checkbox "Allow anti-virus clients to quarantine individual incoming messages".