Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Buscar en Ayuda

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Este tema ha sido archivado. Haz una nueva pregunta si necesitas ayuda.
Archivado

Open link in new tab

Lynda Funke

Hello. When opening links from a search, I would like to have them always open in a new tab. How can I set this as a preference in Mozilla / Firefox?

Currently, I always right click and must select "open link in new tab." I see the option in Settings to "always open in new window", but that is not my objective. I would like to open in new tab, so that I retain my original search results in the current tab.

Thank you.

Hello. When opening links from a search, I would like to have them always open in a new tab. How can I set this as a preference in Mozilla / Firefox? Currently, I always right click and must select "open link in new tab." I see the option in Settings to "always open in new window", but that is not my objective. I would like to open in new tab, so that I retain my original search results in the current tab. Thank you.

Todas las respuestas (2)

Note that you can middle-click or hold Ctrl and left-click a link to open the link in a new tab.