Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Buscar en Ayuda

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Este tema ha sido archivado. Haz una nueva pregunta si necesitas ayuda.
Solved Archivado

How do I stop sites from opening ads in new tabs?

AmieW

I have every adblocker on earth, it seems, and now sites have found a workaround by forcing ads to open in new tabs. Is there some way to stop these? I've gone back to ABP because UBlock was too aggressive and causing me problems.

I have every adblocker on earth, it seems, and now sites have found a workaround by forcing ads to open in new tabs. Is there some way to stop these? I've gone back to ABP because UBlock was too aggressive and causing me problems.

Todas las respuestas (1)

Solución elegida

You may have ad / mal-ware. Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.

Run most or all of the listed malware scanners. Each works differently. If one program misses something, another may pick it up.