Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Buscar en Ayuda

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Este tema ha sido archivado. Haz una nueva pregunta si necesitas ayuda.
Solved Archivado

google search does not work on Windows 7

FoxyDude

running Firefox 38.0.1 on a Windows 7 machine. When I start google search, nothing shows up below the top search bar (with the white magnifying glass on the right). That space is all white.

running Firefox 38.0.1 on a Windows 7 machine. When I start google search, nothing shows up below the top search bar (with the white magnifying glass on the right). That space is all white.
Leer esta respuesta en su contexto

Solución elegida

Thanks Fred, your reply got me thinking in the right way, and I fixed the problem.

My Firefox Flashplayer plugin was out of date. Fixed that, and Firefox is rocking fine now.

Of course bing worked, cause it uses Microshit's silverlight and not Adobe's flash player.

Modificadas por FoxyDude el

Todas las respuestas (4)

Do you have this problem with other search engines? What is your default search engine?

Start Firefox in Safe Mode {web Link} by holding down the <Shift>
(Mac Options)
key, and then starting Firefox. Is the problem still there?

Thanks for your reply Fred.

1. Yes, I got the problem only in google. I do not have it in bing.

2. I do not have the problem in safe mode.

But like yanno, I need my plugins, at least Kasperski.

Solución elegida

Thanks Fred, your reply got me thinking in the right way, and I fixed the problem.

My Firefox Flashplayer plugin was out of date. Fixed that, and Firefox is rocking fine now.

Of course bing worked, cause it uses Microshit's silverlight and not Adobe's flash player.

Modificadas por FoxyDude el

That was very good work. Well Done. Please flag your last post as Solved Problem so others will know.