OS: linux fedora 19 KDE
This behaviour is new and unexpected. Previously if clicking on a link within thunderbird, a new tab would open in firefox, showing the content of that link. Now a new window is opened, and the link is not displayed (empty page)
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
Also try to reinstall Thunderbird (your profiles for both will NOT be lost).
closed firefox, then did yum reinstall firefox didn't help, same problem
You can check for problems with preferences.
Rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default value.
You can override how external links are opened via the browser.link.open_newwindow.override.external pref.
The meaning of the values of browser.link.open_newwindow.override.external are the same as for browser.link.open_newwindow
- 1: current tab; 2:new window; 3:new tab;
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.