The file menu in OS X occasionally becomes unclickable when Firefox is in focus.
In Firefox 17 and 18.0.1 (and possibly 16), Mac OS X's file menu occasionally becomes unclickable. The open windows as well as shortcuts still work, and the file menu works when other applications besides Firefox are in focus. This problem is resolved temporarily by quitting Firefox.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Version 18.104.22.16809
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The problem may be related to adobe flash, as it seems to happen after viewing flash videos, but I cannot duplicate the issue. Disk Utility says there are no problems with my disk or permissions. I'm running the Firefox addons FireGesture and Adblock+.