love app tabs but they disappear when I quit and restart FF4 beta.
Hello, I've set up my app tabs twice, but they are gone after I have quit Firefox. On restarting, the only tab is my home page. Thanks, and hope you can help.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I used app tabs the first time, and every time.
- Picasa plugin.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0b12) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b12
Just loaded Firefox 4.0 Final release and had this problem. I normally tell Firefox to forget browser history. When I disable this feature Firefox remembers my App Tabs. I really wish I didn't have to ch9ose between these options! I like to keep my browser history, cache, etc clean for added security and privacy. I'm opting for security over convenience so I guess I'm not going to use App Tabs for now.
Modified by Dedagen
Thanks dedagen, that works, but like you I prefer to clear the browser history also. I imagine they'll address this issue eventually. Happy Browsing!
Thanks LapinAgile. I completely agree that App Tabs should be separate from history. This is a security risk. It's like lollipops from strangers.
even when i have firefox remember everything, or when i go custom and uncheck the box, my app tabs still disappear :-(
Make sure that you not run Firefox in permanent Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history mode.
- You enter Private Browsing mode if you select: Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > History: Firefox will: "Never Remember History"
- To see all History and Cookie settings, choose: Firefox > Preferences > Privacy, choose the setting Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
- Uncheck: [ ] "Permanent Private Browsing mode"
Even in FF5 with "Firefox will remember history" set, I still loose my app tabs.
Make sure that you do not use Clear Recent History to clear the Browsing History when you close Firefox.
I just discovered app tabs yesterday. Seemed like a cool feature, but like others in this thread, they disappear when I close the browser. I have not cleared history and don't automatically clear history. Is there any reason to think clearing history has something to do with the app tabs?
Firefox version: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:5.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0.1
I just found out about App-Tabs with FF8. Also the same problem.
Pinned three tabs as App-Tab (facebook, twitter and my favorite forum). Sometimes they're there, when I open FF, but every other time they disappear and I have to re-pin them. Weird.
Firefox Version 8.0, Windows 7 Professional (Build 7601, SP1)
Hmmm... I just observed that clicking on one of the app-tabs resulted in displaying the page in a new window (and detaching the tab from the previous window in the process). When I now close the new window the pinned app-tab is gone.
Could this be a hint?