why does white screen appear
lap top appears to be working normally then egg timer appears. When I go to move page down/up, white screen appears and page is frozen.
Only movement is to close down page. When I click x then box with two options appears. 1. Firefox is not responding
2. Do you want system to close itself (something like that)
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
a week ago
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The BT Email Configuration Tool allows you to setup BT Total Broadband email account's for Outlook Express or Windows Mail email client.
- Default Plug-in
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Picasa plugin
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00090316005 plugin for Mozilla
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")