How can I browse the internet using a keyboard and mouse with Fire TV
I downloaded Firefox to my Amazon Fire TV Stick but entering searches letter by letter on the TV screen takes the fun out of it, How can I connect a keyboard and mouse to search as I would with a PC
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/58.0.3029.110 Safari/537.36 Edge/16.16299
Thank you for contacting Mozilla Support. If you have a Bluetooth Keyboard you can use the instructions below to connect it to your Fire TV.
- Go into Settings tab on you Fire TV or Stick and click “Controllers and Bluetooth Devices
- Click “Other Bluetooth Devices” and then click “Add Bluetooth Devices”
- Place your keyboard or mouse in pairing mode by pushing the button that activates this function.
- The Amazon Fire TV Bluetooth tool will scan for Bluetooth devices and connect your Keyboard or mouse once it is detected.
- Test that your buttons work on your Keyboard or mouse.
- Start using Firefox for Fire TV with your Bluetooth keyboard or mouse.
Alternatively, I use the Fire TV app on my iOS device to do keyboard tasks. Take a look at your devices app store for a Fire TV app.