This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
addon exist? -- that helps a layperson bundlesall the bits to remember in migration/rebuild fx profile
Hello: I have been trying to find an addon that will help me "bundle all the bits for me to remember in a fx profile migration/rebuild".
Example of "bits"
- list of extensions installed that I can annotate
- e.g. flag which are not backed up in Chuck's addon preference backup addon (OPIE) or have their own backcup so I have to take screenshots still e.g. VideoDownloader helper
- e.g. flag the addon requires to manually export settings (as its not in OPIE)
- e.g. flag specific how to migrate an addon if it is has extra steps, (greasemonkey to activate my user scripts)
- bits for the UI layout that are often stored in preference.js or about:config that I manually migrate
- e.g. whats in my tiles
- what's in my customize button
- my addon bar layout
- my menu layout
- list of sites, I have as exceptions to store cookies
- Defaults in Firefox I must turn OFF as dont work for me e.g. search addons etc..
- ability to sequence my addon list in a way to help me
Because my profile evolves all the time, as new features, or features taken away (e.g. if an addon is not verified it cannot be loaded the normal way now), I was looking for a tool to help me migrate my list in my notepad to something attached to preferences or extension list.
Thankyou for taking the time to read my post.
Modified by jendrew