Export Firefox bookmarks to an HTML file to back up or transfer bookmarks
- Revision id: 14821
- Creator: AliceWyman
- Comment: updated fro Firefox 4 with Template:OpenBookmarksLibrary
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
This article explains how to export your bookmarks to an HTML file, which can be used as a backup or for importing into another web browser.
- For instructions specific to these other browsers, see Export bookmarks to Internet Explorer, Export bookmarks to Opera, Export bookmarks to Safari, and Exporting data to SeaMonkey.
- For instructions on moving your Firefox data to another installation of Firefox, see Moving your Firefox bookmarks and settings.
Click the Library button , then click . Scroll to the bottom and click .Click the Bookmarks button and select to open the Library window.
- In the Library window, click on the
menu and choose .
- In the Export Bookmarks File window that opens, choose a location to save the file, which is named bookmarks.html by default. The desktop is usually a good spot, but any place that is easy to remember will work.
- Save the bookmarks HTML file. The Export Bookmarks File window will close and you can close the Library window.
Your bookmarks are now successfully exported from Firefox. The bookmarks HTML file you saved is now ready to be imported into another web browser.