Toolbars and page content appear too large after upgrading to Firefox 3
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
If you find that after upgrading to Firefox 3, your toolbars, menu text, and page content are much larger than they should be, follow the instructions in this article.
If your Firefox window's text toolbars, menu text, and page content are normal size, but the window is too large, see the Changes to toolbars and window sizes are not saved article.
To restore Firefox to a normal size:
In the Location bar, type about:config and press EnterReturn.
- The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click to continue to the about:config page.
- Type layout.css.dpi into the Filter.
- If the layout.css.dpi preference is shown:
- Double-click on it to edit it.
- Enter a value of 96 and press .
If the layout.css.dpi preference is not shown
- Right-clickHold down the Ctrl key while you click anywhere in the grid, select , then select from the context menu.
- In the Enter the preference name prompt, type layout.css.dpi and click .
- Next enter the value 96.
- Click .
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button and then select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and then select On the menu bar, click on the menu and select At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and select
Click the menu button and then click ExitQuit
Firefox will be sized normally after you restart it.