Ανοικτό
Thunderbird freezes after startup. I tried restarting, Troubleshoot Mode, and both “default” and “default-esr” profiles, but the issue remains. Please advise how to fix this without losing my emails. This is affecting my work and needs urgent resolution.
Additional details:
- Operating system: Windows (please specify your Windows version if known)
- The issue started on August 25, 2026.
- Thunderbird becomes unresponsive shortly after startup.
- A “System Integration” prompt appears before Thunderbird becomes unresponsive.
- I cannot click any buttons once Thunderbird becomes unresponsive.
- I tested both available profiles (“default” and “default-esr”) using the Profile Manager, but the same issue occurred with both profiles.
- I also started Thunderbird in Troubleshoot Mode with all add-ons disabled, but the issue still occurred.
- I can force-close Thunderbird through Windows when it becomes unresponsive.
- I have not deleted or modified any Thunderbird profile files because I want to avoid losing existing email data.
- The profile containing my email data appears to be “default-esr”.
I would appreciate any guidance on how to identify the cause of this issue and restore Thunderbird without losing my existing emails.
Additional details:
* Operating system: Windows (please specify your Windows version if known)
* The issue started on August 25, 2026.
* Thunderbird becomes unresponsive shortly after startup.
* A “System Integration” prompt appears before Thunderbird becomes unresponsive.
* I cannot click any buttons once Thunderbird becomes unresponsive.
* I tested both available profiles (“default” and “default-esr”) using the Profile Manager, but the same issue occurred with both profiles.
* I also started Thunderbird in Troubleshoot Mode with all add-ons disabled, but the issue still occurred.
* I can force-close Thunderbird through Windows when it becomes unresponsive.
* I have not deleted or modified any Thunderbird profile files because I want to avoid losing existing email data.
* The profile containing my email data appears to be “default-esr”.
I would appreciate any guidance on how to identify the cause of this issue and restore Thunderbird without losing my existing emails.
Όλες οι απαντήσεις (2)
- Start Windows in safe mode with networking enabled - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode
- Still In Windows safe mode, start Thunderbird in Troubleshoot Mode - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-mode-thunderbird
Does problem change? (many users have found antivirus software causing problems)
Because you asked for help, we'd like to know how you are doing. Please click on the link in the email and gives us an update.
Thanks