Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Αναζήτηση στην υποστήριξη

Προσοχή στις απάτες! Δεν θα σας ζητήσουμε ποτέ να καλέσετε ή να στείλετε μήνυμα σε κάποιον αριθμό τηλεφώνου ή να μοιραστείτε προσωπικά δεδομένα. Αναφέρετε τυχόν ύποπτη δραστηριότητα μέσω της επιλογής «Αναφορά παραβίασης».

Μάθετε περισσότερα
Αυτό το νήμα αρχειοθετήθηκε. Κάντε νέα ερώτηση αν χρειάζεστε βοήθεια.
Επιλύθηκε Αρχειοθετήθηκε

Instagram with no notification permission

Gabriel Mattoso

instagram.com not asking for notification permission, so I'm not able to receive notifications from this site.

Someone else experiencing this? Is there something that I and/or Firefox and/or Instagram can do to fix this?

CONFIGS

  • Settings> Sites Permission> Notifications is set to Ask to allow
  • there's no record of instagram.com on Settings> Sites Permission> Exceptions
  • Tested also with addons disabled
  • Firefox version: 117.1.0 (Build #2015973691), from Google Play Store
  • Oneplus 11


Ps: Tested on Google Chrome and the site asks for this permission

instagram.com not asking for notification permission, so I'm not able to receive notifications from this site. Someone else experiencing this? Is there something that I and/or Firefox and/or Instagram can do to fix this? CONFIGS * Settings> Sites Permission> Notifications is set to Ask to allow * there's no record of instagram.com on Settings> Sites Permission> Exceptions * Tested also with addons disabled * Firefox version: 117.1.0 (Build #2015973691), from Google Play Store * Oneplus 11 Ps: Tested on Google Chrome and the site asks for this permission
Προβολή απάντησης εντός συζήτησης

Επιλεγμένη λύση

Update. Last week when accessing the addres https://www.instagram.com/direct/inbox/ it finally asked to show notifications. Maybe it was an issue with instagram website. I had also reported this issue to instagram, maybe they fixed. Thanks anyway

Όλες οι απαντήσεις (4)

Steps to reproduce:

  • Install latest version of Firefox from Play Store
  • access instagram.com
  • login

Hi Gabriel

I am sorry, I do not have an Instagram account to replicate this. Do notifications from that site work correctly in the desktop version of Firefox?

Paul disse

Hi Gabriel I am sorry, I do not have an Instagram account to replicate this. Do notifications from that site work correctly in the desktop version of Firefox?

Yes, it does. But it's also the desktop version of the Instagram website, not the mobile one. So don't know if it's a problem with Instagram's side

PS: On Chrome (Android) it only asks for notification permission when I click to "add app" and open it. On Firefox, when I click to "Install", and open the webapp, it doesn't ask for this permission

Επιλεγμένη λύση

Update. Last week when accessing the addres https://www.instagram.com/direct/inbox/ it finally asked to show notifications. Maybe it was an issue with instagram website. I had also reported this issue to instagram, maybe they fixed. Thanks anyway