Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Wode archive me

How do I find the active tab when I have dozens?

mattwolf7

I'm frustrated in my effort to close the tab I'm looking at when I have dozens, and the active tab is somewhere far to the right or left of all the other tabs. Isn't there a quick button to close the tab I'm currently looking at?

I'm frustrated in my effort to close the tab I'm looking at when I have dozens, and the active tab is somewhere far to the right or left of all the other tabs. Isn't there a quick button to close the tab I'm currently looking at?

All Replies (3)

Ɖɔɖɔɖo si wotia

Hey mattwolf7,

Try ctrl+w on Windows or command+w on mac. Just as an fyi, the latest version of Firefox has a new design that makes it much easier to see which tab you are currently using.

Matt

Check out Classic Theme Restorer (Customize Australis)

Restore squared tabs, appmenu, add-ons bar, small button view and more on Australis UI (Windows/MacOSX/Linux + Fx 29+).

You can use its settings to put color background of your tabs. (Current, not viewed, and so on.)

Thank you gents. The keyboard remedy is a great help, and I'll try the features and customization.