Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Wode archive me

How do I prevent video in new tab from playing immediately?

Poon_Stick

If, for example, I open a youtube video in a new link, the video will start playing immediately. In FF3, the video would not start until I viewed that tab. Is there any way to restore this functionality?

If, for example, I open a youtube video in a new link, the video will start playing immediately. In FF3, the video would not start until I viewed that tab. Is there any way to restore this functionality?

All Replies (1)

Mine always played immediate in Firefox 3.x. Maybe you had an add-on that delayed those players until you activated the tab??

If you check here, perhaps you will find a disabled add-on that you can update and enable again:

Tools > Add-ons > Extensions

If not, hopefully someone will know how to get this feature back.