Download location changed from last path to Downloads folder
Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere but I could not find it. After a recent update Firefox (Windows 11) started each website file download (mostly pdfs) at the Download… (cytajśo wěcej)
Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere but I could not find it. After a recent update Firefox (Windows 11) started each website file download (mostly pdfs) at the Downloads folder. Previously, it would start at the most recent folder to which I downloaded a file. Since nearly all of my downloads are in a few neighboring folders way down the folder tree, I now have a ton of navigating to do for every single download. This is not sustainable. I have done a lot of Googling and investigated several suggested changes to about:config. I changed browser.download.folderList from 1 to 2. I made sure that browser.download.useDownloadDir is false. No effect. Any other suggestions? I am considering abandoning Firefox altogether. It has issues with some parts of the Medicare website. And an earlier update seemingly eliminated my ability to set a particular web page (Google) for new tabs, due to which I often wait a while for the page to appear, then realize I must click on Home. I like Firefox , but too many issues are accumulating and I can't seem to find solutions. Thanks for any help.