Pšašanja za temu pokazaś:

Multiple Windows Memory Deal Breaker

FireFox Browser Crashing from Multiple Windows with Dual Monitors causing memory crashes in gnome. google chrome used to have a brower extension called "The Great Suspen… (cytajśo wěcej)

FireFox Browser Crashing from Multiple Windows with Dual Monitors causing memory crashes in gnome.

google chrome used to have a brower extension called "The Great Suspender" to stop these crashes. If firefox can't figure this out I am not going to continue using firefox and go back to chrome.

Wócynjony 5

Max number of windows / tabs

Does FF have a maximum number of windows / tabs that can be open at one time? I use 12 workspaces each with multiple windows / tabs in them, roughly guessing ~100 windows… (cytajśo wěcej)

Does FF have a maximum number of windows / tabs that can be open at one time? I use 12 workspaces each with multiple windows / tabs in them, roughly guessing ~100 windows and ~8-50 tabs per window

FF randomly hangs / crashes 1-3 times a day for me and has been for some time (over multiple revisions of FF; currently 157.0.1) requiring restarting FF

System: Large workstation, 128G memory, i9-7920x (12c / 24T) Linux, OpenSuSE Leap 15.6 FF source from FF repos, not OpenSuSE

Any settings I need to change to prevent the crashes?

Wócynjony 4

Firefox Crashes Hourly

And it is rather annoying that the report does not tell me which addon is misbehaving either. I do know it runs just fine without any addons enabled so hence, the problem… (cytajśo wěcej)

And it is rather annoying that the report does not tell me which addon is misbehaving either. I do know it runs just fine without any addons enabled so hence, the problem lies with a buggy addon and I'm left in the dark about which one.

Wócynjony 8

My desktop crashes frequently. Only in Firefox - never in Safari (which I don't like using).

My Apple desktop crashes frequently in different applications (while in gmail, on Facebook, etc.) and it sends a report to Apple every time. It never does it if I use Saf… (cytajśo wěcej)

My Apple desktop crashes frequently in different applications (while in gmail, on Facebook, etc.) and it sends a report to Apple every time. It never does it if I use Safari. If I can reload Firefox to fix it please let me know how to do that. Thanks.

Wócynjony 4

Tabs keep crashing after update (157)

Firefox tabs keep crashing for no apparent reason after this Nova update (its not website specific). here's a list of my top five Submitted Crash Reports (there are dozen… (cytajśo wěcej)

Firefox tabs keep crashing for no apparent reason after this Nova update (its not website specific). here's a list of my top five Submitted Crash Reports (there are dozens more but ill keep this brief): Report ID Date Submitted

  • bp-0d889e7b-0c50-4d71-ac37-c37700261002 02-Oct-26, 22:01
  • bp-2587c1c7-7ab3-42da-983f-aefe60261002 02-Oct-26, 21:59
  • bp-963e9304-f1db-4aac-9d4e-7c8300260829 29-Aug-26, 10:31
  • bp-3d6f6fd0-c34a-460a-a1c2-fe9200261002 02-Oct-26, 22:04
  • bp-e7f70176-6daf-4c81-a139-56f060261002 02-Oct-26, 22:04

i don't believe its memory issues because my PC has 61.6 GB of 474 GB free, and i never got these crashes before the update, with the same amount of data. dunno what else to add here, let me know if i need to provide something more

Wócynjony 5

Repeated 'random crashes' with Firefox Snap on Kubuntu

I have been having random crashes Firefox Snap on Kubuntu 24.04 (and now 26.04). Sometimes Firefox will run stably for over an hour, sometimes it will crash in less then … (cytajśo wěcej)

I have been having random crashes Firefox Snap on Kubuntu 24.04 (and now 26.04). Sometimes Firefox will run stably for over an hour, sometimes it will crash in less then a minute from (re-)launch. I have tried the usual troubleshooting steps of 'run in troubleshoot mode', 'refresh', disable plugins, but the crashing seems to happen even when running in troubleshoot mode. I also have not been able to figure out any kind of event or user-action that triggers the crash; it might happen while browsing, it might happen while I am not even at my computer. At first I thought 'the Devs will handle this', but it has been some 6 months so I think my case is not very common/pressing to the community. I'd like to take a more proactive approach in solving the problem. I am still a novice at software fixing, so I might have skipped or missed a very basic step in the '10 things to try to fix Firefox'.

Wócynjony 3 20

How to fix Gah crashes in Firefox 140 ESR?

I downgraded to Firefox 140ESR yesterday to get rid of the silly circles and gradients. The update was so visually distracting I found the browser to be unusable. However… (cytajśo wěcej)

I downgraded to Firefox 140ESR yesterday to get rid of the silly circles and gradients. The update was so visually distracting I found the browser to be unusable. However, now almost any website I visit gives me a Gah your tab just crashed. Is there a way to fix this while staying on 140ESR? Please refrain from answering if your solution is to upgrade. Thanks.

Rozwězany 10 92

Is anyone having issues with Firefox frequently crashing after the version 157 update?

Yesterday morning my Firefox was updated to version 157 and ever since it reopened it has crashed too many times to count. Sometimes it will run for 20-30 minutes, but th… (cytajśo wěcej)

Yesterday morning my Firefox was updated to version 157 and ever since it reopened it has crashed too many times to count. Sometimes it will run for 20-30 minutes, but then it will crash repeatedly in just a few moments or a few minutes after reporting the crash and restarting. I already tried reinstalling the current version with no success in solving the problem. I could not even keep it from crashing while trying to type this question, so I am now using MS Edge as my browser until I can find a fix for Firefox.

Wócynjony 9 1 10

web crashes after Outlook verification code entered

get message Firefox Not Responsive when entering text verification code for Outlook email, also randomly for only 1 bank card, this crashed entire web and have to turn of… (cytajśo wěcej)

get message Firefox Not Responsive when entering text verification code for Outlook email, also randomly for only 1 bank card, this crashed entire web and have to turn off computer to even try web again, earlier 9/30 your web froze submitting this, other emails and banks/card work fine, have tried over 12 times 2026/9/29 and 9/30, have cleared cache, turned off computer, Using ESET antivirus, google works every time

Wócynjony 1

Versions >152.0.6 crashes after running for a minute or so.

Running Windows 10 (have extended security updates). Starting at version 153.0 Firefox hangs (spinning cursor) until Windows realizes it is not responding and lets me sto… (cytajśo wěcej)

Running Windows 10 (have extended security updates). Starting at version 153.0 Firefox hangs (spinning cursor) until Windows realizes it is not responding and lets me stop the program. Seems to be independent of the website (even happened on a Mozilla page). Have tried a couple of 153.xx updates and also 154 but behaves the same. On a Dell Inspiron 7570:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.84 GB usable) Storage 932 GB HDD ST1000LX015-1U7172 Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 940MX (4 GB), Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 (128 MB) Device ID 8036C0FE-3179-4D8D-8C72-672ED25B0ABA Product ID 00325-96206-88905-AAOEM System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

Wócynjony 12 20

Frequent crashes

Been happening for almost 2 months now and getting more frequent. What happens is FF opens normally , but reacts sluggishly. Many instances of "not responding". When I cl… (cytajśo wěcej)

Been happening for almost 2 months now and getting more frequent. What happens is FF opens normally , but reacts sluggishly. Many instances of "not responding". When I close the program , it takes several minutes to close. In Task Manager , it shows disk usage at 100% , CPU at as high as 50% , and memory at 4 gigs prior to crashing. This is on a Windows 11 Pro system with the latest updates and the latest FF.

Below are the 5 latest crash reports:

bp-334499b7-2a53-4f19-af94-cc82f0260928 bp-04a56a0a-6e85-42c0-ab03-024b80260927 bp-b0bc8d1f-0ec1-484f-bd49-aaf510260927 bp-68939250-e3c8-4bfe-9e2f-7dbcc0260926 bp-7895f7cf-32a8-48cf-a81b-f7b460260926

Rozwězany 3

I am having constant crashes. Please help.

Submitted Crash Reports Clear All Report ID Date Submitted bp-12922f4d-e0ff-4f9c-9244-9459b0260927 9/27/2026, 1:44 PM View bp-3b91501f-4ea4-4bbf-9ea7-5578a0260926 … (cytajśo wěcej)

Submitted Crash Reports Clear All Report ID Date Submitted bp-12922f4d-e0ff-4f9c-9244-9459b0260927 9/27/2026, 1:44 PM View bp-3b91501f-4ea4-4bbf-9ea7-5578a0260926 9/26/2026, 6:40 AM View bp-b35b464f-8f0c-4e85-9261-d2da70260926 9/26/2026, 5:46 AM View bp-5ae39b13-855e-4680-bcf9-273960260922 9/21/2026, 8:26 PM View bp-36b2854c-750c-493b-9ba0-e6eba0260910 9/10/2026, 4:55 AM Viewese are the 5 most recent ones.

Wócynjony 3 10

I Keep getting the same Firefox Crash Reporter dialog box, day after day, even though I'm encountering no problems using Firefox, which I do numerous times daily. Why is this happening?

There is nothing obviously happening with my browser. It doesn't crash when I am using it. But I keep getting, several times/day, the dialog box shown in added images bel… (cytajśo wěcej)

There is nothing obviously happening with my browser. It doesn't crash when I am using it. But I keep getting, several times/day, the dialog box shown in added images below.

Wócynjony 1

Firefox newer than 132.0.2 always crashes tabs on startup

Hello, I have been unable to update Firefox past 132.0.2; every time I download an update and install/restart, all tabs automatically crash upon loading regardless of the… (cytajśo wěcej)

Hello,

I have been unable to update Firefox past 132.0.2; every time I download an update and install/restart, all tabs automatically crash upon loading regardless of the website. I can load local pages like settings or about:config, but anything that actually uses the internet goes straight to crashing (including sites as simple as google.com). I have tried restarting in Troubleshooting mode to no avail. There are no crash reports when I pull up about:crashes, so unable to post IDs here.

It is not an internet access problem (I am [unfortunately] filling out this form from Edge), and with reversion to 132.0.2 everything moves along hunky-dory. I am also able to use the newest version of Firefox on all of my work devices, so it appears to be something in particular with my person PC. Problem occurred with both Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Any help would be much appreciated- I didn't mind an older version of Firefox that worked, but there have been some MFA logons that refuse to go load in v132 so it's becoming something I'm less able to ignore now. TIA

Wócynjony 13 41

Firefox crashes when paying with Paypal

Recently I cannot use Paypal to process any online payment on Firefox without the browser crashing. OS: Windows 11 25H2 Reproduction steps: a vendor would have a Paypal … (cytajśo wěcej)

Recently I cannot use Paypal to process any online payment on Firefox without the browser crashing.

OS: Windows 11 25H2 Reproduction steps: a vendor would have a Paypal button. I would click on it and Firefox would open a pop-up window briefly before crashing.

The pop-up window is normal behaviour for how Paypal processing has worked on Firefox in the past. I have tried turning off potential content blockers: 3rd-party userscripts loading through ViolentMonkey, content blockers via AdNaseaum, and Enhanced Tracking Protection to no effect.

Rozwězany 5