Fragen zum Thema werden angezeigt:

Why Does Task Manager Show 14 or Above Always Beside Task Manager?

Whenever I have just 1 Window of Firefox and just 1 tab open, task manager ALWAYS shows 14. Why is this? I have refreshed Firefox and lost some of my settings, it did n… (Lesen Sie mehr)

Whenever I have just 1 Window of Firefox and just 1 tab open, task manager ALWAYS shows 14. Why is this? I have refreshed Firefox and lost some of my settings, it did nothing. Have I been hacked and someone else is controlling my browser?

Screenshot shows one firefox with one tab and yet 14 next to it in Task Manager

Gelöst 4 101

Troubleshoot/Identify Memork Usage in explicit/layout/style-sheet-cache/document-shared

We have an asp.net Blazor SPA (server side Blazor) that dynamically generates components within the page. Over time, there is a very large RAM leak under document-shared… (Lesen Sie mehr)

We have an asp.net Blazor SPA (server side Blazor) that dynamically generates components within the page. Over time, there is a very large RAM leak under document-shared that climbs until the windows are closed.

We have tried various firefox configurations to try and either disable this shared storage as well as limit but with no luck. THe memory allocation is in GB of RAM space and cannot be limited or reduced until the window itself is closed/restarted.

Research online indicates this can happen due to colocated stylesheets and how firefox wants to cache styles aggressively. Adjustments to move stylesheets does not appear to help.

What configurations can I use to help prevent/reduce this high RAM usage? This does not occur in Chrome or Edge, I cannot replicate this well under FireFox for Windows.

Offen 7 60

New update crashes my entire pc

So ever since the desktop browser got updated i have been experiencing critical crashes and lag where my pc screen freezes and then goes to black until i restart my graph… (Lesen Sie mehr)

So ever since the desktop browser got updated i have been experiencing critical crashes and lag where my pc screen freezes and then goes to black until i restart my graphics card and quit firefox in addition to tabs crashing and very weird performance issues overall, any fixes for this issue?

Offen 4 30

The glitchiest update ever

My Firefox is set to auto-update and did so Wednesday night, so it's currently 152.0.1 (64-bit). Since then, it’s been virtually unusable on my home computer (a 2017 iMac… (Lesen Sie mehr)

My Firefox is set to auto-update and did so Wednesday night, so it's currently 152.0.1 (64-bit). Since then, it’s been virtually unusable on my home computer (a 2017 iMac Intel Core i5 running Ventura 13.7.8).

I’ve changed nothing about the way I browse, yet having multiple tabs open at a time makes the application either non-responsive and I have to force quit or makes it crash (from today: bp-3c95c176-fde2-40e4-a61c-c5c080260619 bp-7ebe2fc9-0be2-4db2-b0e3-675df0260619 bp-bfe86698-eaf0-4cd2-96c3-ed20b0260619

It crashed four times yesterday as well, but I inadvertently submitted ALL previously un-submitted crashes, so I'd have to dig through to find ones from June 18th).

I can't get most websites to load. I cleared all my browsing data this afternoon in the hopes that it would help, but now I'm having trouble logging into sites like Facebook, Instagram, etc.

Videos on any platform will not load, let alone play. Instagram, YouTube, Peacock (which I think was having an outage last night), Twitter, BlueSky, etc. YouTube BRIEFLY loaded and played a video last night but there was no audio. I tried searching a word’s pronunciation in Google, no audio. It will not play audio on any music sites (SoundCloud and Bandcamp; they both show that the music is playing, but the indicator bars do not move on either site, and again, no audio).

I believe this is an update issue because work computer (MacBook Air, 2017 running Monterey 12.7.6) is using Firefox 151.0.1 and everything is working as normal there (fortunately I leave Firefox open all the time on that computer so it hasn't auto-updated). It had also been running fine BEFORE the update.

Any ideas on a fix?

Gelöst 2 81

Firefox is too self-restricted in GPU memory usage

On iGPU hardware, default dedicated VRAM is usually 0.5GB and the maximum is 2GB. On my laptop Firefox only use 0.48GB(dedicated VRAM)/0.2GB(shared VRAM) when I set VRAM… (Lesen Sie mehr)

On iGPU hardware, default dedicated VRAM is usually 0.5GB and the maximum is 2GB.

On my laptop Firefox only use 0.48GB(dedicated VRAM)/0.2GB(shared VRAM) when I set VRAM to auto(512MB) in BIOS.

The screenshot is when I set dedicated VRAM to 2GB in BIOS, and you can see the VRAM usage has increased to 1GB(dedicated)/0.5GB(shared).

It seems Firefox is restrict itself to dedicated VRAM and not fully utilize the vast amount of shared GPU memory. This makes sense on dGPU hardware but not on iGPU hardware. On iGPU hardware, the negligible amount of dedicated GPU memory exists only for compatibility to legacy programs, and Firefox should allocate all it's GPU memory from the shared GPU memory pool.

Offen 1 80

The GPU is not working properly...intel core i7 1185g7

The GPU isn't working properly... I've attached screenshots of the browser I have installed. If needed, I can take any logs, etc. It's very frustrating - I have a fairly … (Lesen Sie mehr)

The GPU isn't working properly... I've attached screenshots of the browser I have installed. If needed, I can take any logs, etc. It's very frustrating - I have a fairly old processor and its GPU isn't working properly! If needed, I can create a thread on the forum and attach any information about my system. Sorry if I'm in the wrong place! Best regards, and thank you for the best browser in the world!

Offen 1 60

Why is Firefox used so much RAM workload since a week?

Hey there since a week when I brows with Firefox on Windows desktop the RAM uses jumped from around 60% spiked to 92-95% RAM and that changed just come a long a week ago.… (Lesen Sie mehr)

Hey there since a week when I brows with Firefox on Windows desktop the RAM uses jumped from around 60% spiked to 92-95% RAM and that changed just come a long a week ago. If change brows like Chrome different story, back down at 65. So you can also see a massive number on Firefox system running.

Question: Whats the reason for the change? What happend?

Best, Janosch

Gelöst 6 1 60

Tabs/websites constantly freezing and crashing in last 2 weeks

Anyone else had problems the last two weeks with performance? I'm on a macbook (Tahoe 26.3.1) and in the last two weeks tabs are constantly crashing or freezing. I have n… (Lesen Sie mehr)

Anyone else had problems the last two weeks with performance? I'm on a macbook (Tahoe 26.3.1) and in the last two weeks tabs are constantly crashing or freezing. I have never had this before. It's doing my head in and I'm about to make the painful move over to Chrome if nobody has any ideas how to fix it?! I don't want to do that as all my bookmarks etc are set up on Firefox...

Offen 1 50

Latest update causing my computer to crash

I am running an iMac Catalina 10.15.7. Since Firefox just updated itself my system keeps crashing so bad that I have to do a hard shut down. Yesterday I had to do this ov… (Lesen Sie mehr)

I am running an iMac Catalina 10.15.7. Since Firefox just updated itself my system keeps crashing so bad that I have to do a hard shut down. Yesterday I had to do this over a dozen times to get through my session. Firefox was the last browser compatible with my Mac. Is this no longer the case?

Archiviert 2 292

how do i make firefox use less power/memory(ram)

HI i have an ASUS-VivoBook laptop that has an intel i5 10th gen and geforce mx250 with 8gb ddr4 ram when i use firefox it uses about 550 mb ram alone on one page only is … (Lesen Sie mehr)

HI i have an ASUS-VivoBook laptop that has an intel i5 10th gen and geforce mx250 with 8gb ddr4 ram when i use firefox it uses about 550 mb ram alone on one page only is that supposed to happen ? if not how can i reduce my ram usage and power usage from settings and thank you for this amazing web browser i realy like the animated castle town from deltarune theme i am never going back to chrome THANKS ALOT

Offen 1 1 70

firefox

Dlaczego FIREFOX spowalnia i często karty się samoczynnie przeładowują? Nie zdążysz jednego artykułu przeczytać i się wszystko odświeża, cały czas się odświeża. Na konkur… (Lesen Sie mehr)

Dlaczego FIREFOX spowalnia i często karty się samoczynnie przeładowują? Nie zdążysz jednego artykułu przeczytać i się wszystko odświeża, cały czas się odświeża. Na konkurencyjnych przeglądarkach MICROSOFT EDGE i AVG SECURE BROWSTER cały czas działające odświeżanie nie występuje !!!!!

Archiviert 1 50

firefox is getting unusable

henn typing website keeps going to about blank/ crashes all time/ locks up unable to open sites like home depot/autozone xtra slow respondes. must be time to use somethi… (Lesen Sie mehr)

henn typing website keeps going to about blank/ crashes all time/ locks up unable to open sites like home depot/autozone xtra slow respondes. must be time to use something else firefox has gotten unusable

Archiviert 1 120