Saving pinned tabs
I've looked through every question on the Support site regarding saving pinned tabs, but can't find a specific answer. I have a pinned tab, and in my Settings under Startup, I have the "Open previous windows and tabs" box checked. However, every time I re-open Firefox after previously closing it, the pinned tab is gone. Is this because I close Firefox using the "X" in the upper-right-hand corner or simply close all the open tabs?
Alle svar (2)
Hi, the pinned tabs are part of your session history. When you restart Firefox and the window with the pinned tab(s) does not reopen automatically, is that window listed under any of these:
- "3-bar" menu button > History > Recently Closed Windows
- "Library" toolbar button > History > Recently Closed Windows
- (menu bar -- tap Alt or F10) History > Recently Closed Windows
For future reference, the window containing the pinned tab(s) either needs to be left open when you quit Firefox, or needs to be the very last window closed. The safest way to do that is to Exit through the menu. Either:
- "3-bar" menu button > Exit
- (menu bar -- tap Alt or F10) File > Exit
Separately, it is important not to erase your history, since that clears your session history files, too. But probably you are not doing that.
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" or otherwise clear history.
- do not clear the Browsing History
- Settings -> Privacy & Security
Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history":
[X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" -> Settings
- clearing "Site Preferences" clears exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, and software installation and exceptions for passwords and other website specific data
- clearing "Cookies" will remove all cookies including cookies with an allow exception you may want to keep