Im very dissapointed with latest update. My book marks are gone and canot be restored from back ups. can you help?
I updated to the latest version of Mozilla, once I got the new update, all my bookmarks have disappeared. I followed the instructions to restore the bookmarks but the browser was unable to do this. I also feel that the new browser layout is not user friendly compared to your competitors. I cant see how to easily add the current link to my bookmarks. Competitors such as chrome or edge etc have a simple 'favorites star that simply needs to be clicked, its easily located and straight forward.
I have used this browser as my main browser at work for the last 2 years, so you can imagine how frustrating losing the book marks is.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.6.30033
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Citrix URL-Redirection Helper Plugin
- Google Update
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- NetScaler Gateway
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
Can you assist me with this issue please?
The user agent in the System Details list shows an outdated Firefox 49 version.
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
If you have used current Firefox releases (57+; current is 66.0.3) with this profile and downgraded to Firefox 49 for some reason then you will lose some personal data because downgrading is not supported.
Please update to the current Firefox 66.0.3 release.
- Help -> About Firefox
You may have to remove all places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder. Firefox will rebuild places.sqlite and restore the bookmarks from a recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:preferences page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory:
Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder