Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Archivováno

Reversing "Restart Firefox to its default state"

ruti223

I started Firefox in its default state and lost all my bookmarks, history and toolbars. I now have a shortcut on my desktop named Old Firefox Data. How do I reverse this action? I, especially, would like to retrieve my Bookmarks and Toolbars. The blurb did not warn me that this action may be irreversible. <sigh>

I started Firefox in its default state and lost all my bookmarks, history and toolbars. I now have a shortcut on my desktop named Old Firefox Data. How do I reverse this action? I, especially, would like to retrieve my Bookmarks and Toolbars. The blurb did not warn me that this action may be irreversible. <sigh>

Všechny odpovědi (1)

While Firefox is closed, copy the places.sqlite file into your new profile folder. This should restore your bookmarks and history.

Add-ons that provide toolbars must be reinstalled. Since add-ons are a common source of problems, it would best to first verify the issue you were trying to solve is gone.

I don't recommend restoring your old interface customization file (localstore.rdf). It could contain references to buttons provided by add-ons that are no longer installed, which could cause problems.


That's "reset", not "restart". It's a feature that tries to keep your essential data like bookmarks and passwords, but discards add-ons and other stuff that could be the source of problems. On the other hand, Safe Mode is temporary ("Restart Firefox with add-ons disabled"). You can also manually start in a brand new profile, then switch back to your old one.