Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Archivováno

How exactly does "Never check for updates" translate to "automatically install updates without asking"?

Kirona

I have Firefox set to never check for updates - I prefer to update manually, especially when software doesn't even indicate that an update is coming soon or anything. However, when I booted it today, I got a short "Updating Firefox" progress bar, and suddenly I'm on Firefox 18 instead of 17.

What I'd really like to know is why this type of thing happens.

I have Firefox set to never check for updates - I prefer to update manually, especially when software doesn't even indicate that an update is coming soon or anything. However, when I booted it today, I got a short "Updating Firefox" progress bar, and suddenly I'm on Firefox 18 instead of 17. What I'd really like to know is why this type of thing happens.

Všechny odpovědi (1)

on a computer with multiple user accounts this setting might not work well, since firefox could then still be updated from the other account...