Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Archivováno

Are there any plans to build a version of Firefox for Nokia Lumia 920's Windows Phone ?

047-13

I'v read a bit for the problems with Windows Phone 7 but I couldn't find anywhere someone asking for compatibility with Windows Phone 8. Could anybody help me, please? I've read that you need a NDK and GPL to develop a version for Windows Phone and to publish it on Market. Is this for WP8 a problem, too? Becaus it woud be awesome to have a Firefox browser for my mobile.

I'v read a bit for the problems with Windows Phone 7 but I couldn't find anywhere someone asking for compatibility with Windows Phone 8. Could anybody help me, please? I've read that you need a NDK and GPL to develop a version for Windows Phone and to publish it on Market. Is this for WP8 a problem, too? Becaus it woud be awesome to have a Firefox browser for my mobile.

Všechny odpovědi (6)

There are currently no plans to support Windows phones.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Platforms Windows Mobile

   ...We have stopped developing for Microsoft's mobile platform because Windows Phone 7 no longer allows developers to build C++ applications like Firefox, and Microsoft's new policies ban open-source software like Firefox from the Windows Phone Marketplace.

Is this for Windows Phone 8 so, too?

WP7 not supporting native code is the only reason I found cited that there is no Firefox for WP. However, as far as I understand, Windows Phone 8 does allow native code again. Any comments?

WP does not allow C/C++ code to be run on the device. Only Microsoft's managed language C# or other Visual Studio languages can be used.

kbrosnan: Source? Because Wikipedia says "Native code support (C++), allows for simplified porting from platforms such as Android [...]" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Phone_8#Other_Features)