Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Otevřít

How to disable gestures

jukka.hirvenoja

When I press the middle button of mouse and move the mouse to the left (or right) firefox takes that as "back" button and moves to the previous page. This feature is really frustrating when using web based cad-programs that use that combination to move the view.

I have tried to disable all gestures from my firefox but can't get rid of this feature that is really awful.

I would really appreciate the possibility for simple operation without any functionalities like this.

When I press the middle button of mouse and move the mouse to the left (or right) firefox takes that as "back" button and moves to the previous page. This feature is really frustrating when using web based cad-programs that use that combination to move the view. I have tried to disable all gestures from my firefox but can't get rid of this feature that is really awful. I would really appreciate the possibility for simple operation without any functionalities like this.

Všechny odpovědi (1)

Hi Jukka,

This is a feature of the mouse, so IMHO it should be fixed at the mouse driver level. If that's not an option, you can use the desktop applications like X-Mouse Button Control or AutoHotKey to override the functionality (Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 buttons).

In the past, there were also about:config keys to control this, but I can't try them out right now, so I can't vouch for them working as intended. These are mousebutton.4th.enabled and mousebutton.5th.enabled, you might try to toggle them to false.

Regards, Balázs

Upravil uživatel Balázs Meskó dne

Položit dotaz

Pro přidání odpovědi se musíte přihlásit do svého účtu. Pokud dosud nemáte účet, položte nový dotaz.