Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Archivováno

Email not being marked as read after being opened and read

Joy G.

I will receive an email in my Inbox and open it to read. When I close and exit the email, it will stay bolded in the Inbox, as if it's a new email that hasn't been read yet. The only way to get it to "un-bold" to show it's been read already, is to right click on it and select "mark as read". Is there a setting I am missing to show opened emails as read?

I will receive an email in my Inbox and open it to read. When I close and exit the email, it will stay '''bolded''' in the Inbox, as if it's a new email that hasn't been read yet. The only way to get it to "un-bold" to show it's been read already, is to right click on it and select "mark as read". Is there a setting I am missing to show opened emails as read?

Všechny odpovědi (3)

How do you open messages and where do you read them? In the message pane by simple click? In a new tab by double-click? In a new window by double click? Which are your settings in Settings > General > Reading & Display?

Thank you for replying!

I open my messages in a new window to read them.

Does the same issue happen if you start Thunderbird in "Troubleshoot Mode"? https://mzl.la/3AbU5jz