Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Archivováno

Cannot log in, TB does not accept password that is stored in TB for incoming messages

arbrus

I changed my Yahoo PW and in TB Security removed and replaced the old one in Saved Passwords. Still cannot log in. I can access my Yahoo Mail through the Firefox browser and also on my cell phone with the new PW, but not in TB .

I changed my Yahoo PW and in TB Security removed and replaced the old one in Saved Passwords. Still cannot log in. I can access my Yahoo Mail through the Firefox browser and also on my cell phone with the new PW, but not in TB .

Všechny odpovědi (2)

Try to delete the one in Saved Passwords. Thunderbird would then prompt you for the password the next time it's needed.

Note, Yahoo IMAP requires OAuth2 authentication. I.e. what shows up in Thunderbird Saved Passwords is an authentication token, not the account password.

After I deleted the saved pw, I entered it again and TB still does not accept. I then deleted the whole acct and started over. See new question. I do not know what OAuth2 is.