Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Przeszukaj pomoc

Unikaj oszustw związanych z pomocą.Nigdy nie będziemy prosić Cię o dzwonienie na numer telefonu, wysyłanie SMS-ów ani o udostępnianie danych osobowych. Zgłoś podejrzaną aktywność, korzystając z opcji „Zgłoś nadużycie”.

Więcej informacji
Wątek został zarchiwizowany. Jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy, zadaj nowe pytanie.
Zarchiwizowany

After I changed my Thunderbird password on one of my email addresses Thunderbird tells me Login failed and asks for a new password. How can I fix this?

springfest

I changed the password for my email address on my host server and entered that new password when Thunderbird says I cannot login and asks me to change my password. I change my pw and check the box asking me to save my pw in the Password manager.

Then I will not have a problem getting email but a few hours later I get the login error again repeatedly even though my new pw matches that pw on my host account.

I never had this problem before I updated my password. I am using Mojave on my iMac.

I have been looking for solutions all over the internet but nothing has worked. I tried removing the pkcs11.txt from my TB folder. It seemed to work at first but now I get the login failures on my smtp email account over and over again.

What can I do to stop this?

I changed the password for my email address on my host server and entered that new password when Thunderbird says I cannot login and asks me to change my password. I change my pw and check the box asking me to save my pw in the Password manager. Then I will not have a problem getting email but a few hours later I get the login error again repeatedly even though my new pw matches that pw on my host account. I never had this problem before I updated my password. I am using Mojave on my iMac. I have been looking for solutions all over the internet but nothing has worked. I tried removing the pkcs11.txt from my TB folder. It seemed to work at first but now I get the login failures on my smtp email account over and over again. What can I do to stop this?
Załączone zrzuty ekranu

Wszystkie odpowiedzi (1)

This is a complicated issue. one that is often caused by security software and password vaults.

I would suggest a log of the SMTP action to see if it shows what is happening. https://wiki.mozilla.org/MailNews:Logging#Mac_OS_X