Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

I cannot login to Firefox.

Rhonda

I have been working with Sofia at Mozilla. She told me I needed to contact Firefox for help regarding inability to login. However, this is as far as I got, Mozilla Support. When Mozilla first made their entry into the world, I remember an email stating that we didn't need to create a new login or password. Up until 2-3 weeks ago, I have been using the same login name (email address) and password. For the past week or so, I haven't been able to login into Firefox.com or accounts.firefox.com or anything with the word Firefox in the URL. Each time I attempt to login to Firefox Browser a page appears telling me to download Firefox, which I have done. I now have at least 20 profiles. Why can't I login to the Firefox Browser? PLEASE HELP ME with understandable languague. I'm able to get to this page, and I know you are going to tell me I need to go to Firefox Help. Okay, how do I do that? AND remember, I am unable to open Firefox Browser.

I have been working with Sofia at Mozilla. She told me I needed to contact Firefox for help regarding inability to login. However, this is as far as I got, Mozilla Support. When Mozilla first made their entry into the world, I remember an email stating that we didn't need to create a new login or password. Up until 2-3 weeks ago, I have been using the same login name (email address) and password. For the past week or so, I haven't been able to login into Firefox.com or accounts.firefox.com or anything with the word Firefox in the URL. Each time I attempt to login to Firefox Browser a page appears telling me to download Firefox, which I have done. I now have at least 20 profiles. Why can't I login to the Firefox Browser? PLEASE HELP ME with understandable languague. I'm able to get to this page, and I know you are going to tell me I need to go to Firefox Help. Okay, how do I do that? AND remember, I am unable to open Firefox Browser.

All Replies (1)

It sounds like there are two separate issues here: your Mozilla account and your Firefox profiles.

You do not need to open Firefox to get help. You can use Edge or another browser and go to support.mozilla.org. Mozilla also has a page specifically for account sign-in problems.

As for the 20 profiles, please don’t delete any of them yet. Your bookmarks and saved passwords are stored inside a Firefox profile, so one of those profiles may contain your old data. Mozilla specifically recommends checking the profiles before removing anything.

I would concentrate on finding your original profile first. Once we know which profile contains your bookmarks and passwords, the rest should be much easier to sort out.

Postavite pitanje

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.