Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Arhivirano

Account lost?

tigergary

I have been using Thunderbird for years, but now when I start Thunderbird it thinks I am a new user to set up a new account. It does not find my existing email files. I think all my email files might be saved in the "profiles" folder. ( If not, I have it backed up.) How do I get Thunderbird to use my existing account and email files?

I have been using Thunderbird for years, but now when I start Thunderbird it thinks I am a new user to set up a new account. It does not find my existing email files. I think all my email files might be saved in the "profiles" folder. ( If not, I have it backed up.) How do I get Thunderbird to use my existing account and email files?
Pročitajte ovaj odgovor sa objašnjenjem

Odabrano rješenje

To open the current profile folder if TB is running:

- TB menu > Help > Troubleshooting Information

- under the Application Basics section next to Profile Folder, click 'Open Folder'


To open the profile manager if TB is running:

- TB menu > Help > Troubleshooting Information

- under the Application Basics section next to Profiles, click 'about:profiles'


To open the profile manager if TB is closed:

- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-thunderbird-profiles#w_start-the-profile-manager-when-thunderbird-is-closed

All Replies (5)

Start the Profile Manager, create a new profile, and point it to your existing profile at the 'Choose folder' prompt.

Thanks for the reply Ed. How do I start the profile manager? I don't find that as an option when I open Thunderbird email.

Odabrano rješenje

To open the current profile folder if TB is running:

- TB menu > Help > Troubleshooting Information

- under the Application Basics section next to Profile Folder, click 'Open Folder'


To open the profile manager if TB is running:

- TB menu > Help > Troubleshooting Information

- under the Application Basics section next to Profiles, click 'about:profiles'


To open the profile manager if TB is closed:

- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-thunderbird-profiles#w_start-the-profile-manager-when-thunderbird-is-closed

Thanks Ed, It took me a while to figure out how to do it, but my problem is now solved, thanks to your help.

Izmjenjeno od strane tigergary

You're welcome :-)