Support for Android
I'm looking for enterprise support the Android version of Firefox. I can see it's not included in the Mozilla Enterprise Support. Is it in roadmap?, are there any plans to support it?, is there any other way to support this version for a big company?
Thanks and regards, Juan
All Replies (6)
Can you provide a little more detail as to what you're looking for support wise?
I'm working on a project which intends to use mobile devices in desktop mode with samsung DeX and Firefox as the browser. We need support for this scenario as several hundred corporate users would be working this way if everything works fine. We need Firefox to recognise desktop mode an adapt automatically and we also need stability for the solution.
Thanks for the help.
We do support desktop mode. Is there a specific problem you running into?
The use case is Samsung mobile devices that work also as desktop devices connected to screen, keyboard and mouse. When in desktop mode, we’ll use Samsung DeX and we require:
- Firefox working in this scenario. Currently it shows an error message and doesn’t start (shown in the image), that says “Firefox doesn’t work on Samsung DeX. The application is designed for touch screens”:
I’ve found a bug report for this issue, resolved as won’t fix:
- Automatically activate Desktop View when the device is in DeX mode, and deactivate it when disconnected - Ensure the same desktop experience as windows, mac or linux, specially for G-Suite services (Gmail, Docs, Slides, Spreadsheets, Meet, …) - Ensure this experience in new firefox versions
Thanks for your help.
Can you test with our new browser, Fenix and see if you get the same message?
Thank you Mike, with the new browser this error doesn't appear. When is this version expected to be published?
Anyway, we need these functions:
- Automatically activate Desktop View when the device is in DeX mode, and deactivate it when disconnected
- Ensure the same desktop experience as windows, mac or linux, specially for G-Suite services (Gmail, Docs, Slides, Spreadsheets, Meet, …) GMail and other web services always use a mobile view, even when desktop mode activated, because Google sees the device as a mobile device, not a desktop device.
- Ensure this experience in new firefox versions
Thanks for your help.
Izmjenjeno od strane juan.delgado